We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors;
we borrow it from our Children. - Native American Proverb
Educational Institutions need to be spaces where students learn about their future world. Schools and colleges can be important nodal points of societal change today. Evolving and expanding institutional roles can also infuse a new vibrancy to the education sector.
It is heartening that in various cities, teachers already hold meetings where Bhoomi Magazine articles are read and discussed. There are many ways yet to be explored, of providing students and teachers opportunities for questioning and critical thinking regarding their own future.
Bhoomi Network is especially interested in working with schools and colleges to focus on ideas and knowledge, which beckon to individual and group initiatives through:
- workshops in colleges that facilitate a deeper understanding of the complex and interconnected issues concerning food, health and sustainable living
- encouraging wider readership of the Eternal Bhoomi Magazine which is sent to over 4000 school and college libraries all over India
- an Internship programme for students on Inner and Outer Ecology
- Perspective building workshops for teachers
Bhoomi Network is interested in collaborating with teachers and students’ initiatives through sharing resources such as the magazine, films, presentations and secondary research material.
Bhoomi Network also offers Programmes and organizes an annual Conference as part of its open educational efforts.
Internship Programme in Sustainable Living: This programme aims to help interested participants explore green careers. It will provide a unique learning opportunity where participants can learn
- through experiencing projects and people who have done path-breaking work.
- by volunteering part-time on green projects, NGOs and other organisations.
- to equip themselves with knowledge, resources and skills to conduct workshops
- by participating in intensive learning laboratories on “inner and outer ecology”
- through working on Bhoomi projects and assignments
For more information, write to: